Baker Drivetrain Oil Line Adapter Block Kit
INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR BAKER DRIVETRAIN PN 5QT-1160
We highly recommend the +1 Oil Pan for S&S© T124 applications. S&S© motors make a lot of power and heat. The oil feed and return on the right rear side of the motor is unique and the adapter kit is designed specifically (and required) for the +1 Oil Pan and the T124 motor (S&S© PN 106-1168 will not work with the +1 Oil Pan).
- 1999-06 (except 2006 Dyna) S&S© Twin Cam Motors
- Will not work with BAKER FF Oil Spout Kits
TOOLS, RESOURCES, REQUIRED PARTS
- Hose Clamp Pliers
- Common Hand Tools (Allen Wrenches,Sockets, Screwdrivers etc.)
- Blue Loctite® (242 Removable) or Equivalent
- Pipe Thread Sealant (Loctite® 567) or Equivalent
INCLUDED CONTENTS, FIGURE 1
|1||1||53525K51||45 Degree Barb Fitting|
|2||6||10249||Hose Clamp, Black|
|3||1||5QT-HOSE||4-1/8” Long Hose; 7/16” ID|
|4||2||53525K19||90 Degree Barb Fitting|
|5||1||5QT-1168B||Oil Line Adapter Block|
|6||1||31C150KBCS||5/16-18 X 1 1/2 “ BHCS Stainless|
|7||2||1884T26||O-Ring, Buna -110 High Temp. Green|
|8||1||26314-99||Straight Hose Fitting|
|9||2||62726-99||90 Degree Pre Formed Hose, 7/16” ID|
|10||1||5QT-1165||82 Degree Stainless Line|
ALL INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ADAPTER KIT APPLY AFTER THE BAKER +1 OIL PAN HAS BEEN INSTALLED ON THE MOTORCYCLE (PN: BD-5QTB/R-TS, PN: BD5QTC/P-2PC) AND THE S&S© ADAPTER BLOCK, PN 106-1168 HAS BEEN REMOVED.
- Remove the top 1⁄4” pipe plug from the side of the transmission case; S &S© has you plug these ports off during the install of the motor assembly.
- Using Pipe Thread Sealant; install the straight fitting (Item 8, Figure 1) in the top port location on the side of the transmission and snug. Figure 2.
- Take the 82 degree stainless line (Item 10, Figure 1) in the kit and spray brake cleaner or solvent through the line to clean out any debris that might be inside the line.
STRAIGHT FITTING INSTALLED, FIGURE 2
- Assemble the adapter block using the two 90 degree fittings (Item 4 & 5, Figure 1) and Pipe Thread Sealant, see figure 3 & 4 for fitting orientation.
SIDE FITTING ORIENTATION, FIGURE 3
TOP FITTING ORIENTATION, FIGURE 4
- Lube the two green O-rings (Item 7, Figure 1) with motor oil and place inside the adapter block assembly.
- Remove the 3/8” pipe plug from the BAKER +1 Oil Pan; not the drain plug, pipe plug is located in-line with the middle of the motor case seam.
- Install the 45 degree pipe fitting (Item 1, Figure 1) in place of the 3/8” pipe plug using Pipe Thread Sealant and snug so the fitting is facing the adapter block location. See figure 5.
- Install the adapter block to the S&S© motor using Blue Loctite® on the 5/16-18 X 1 1⁄2” button head threads (Item 6, Figure 1). Torque bolt to 210-230 in-lbs. See Figure 5.
- After the adapter is installed re-position the top fitting so that it is parallel with the block. See figure 6.
ADAPTER BLOCK INSTALLED, FIGURE 5
TOP FITTING RE-POSITIONED, FIGURE 6
- Using motor oil, lube the inside of the straight hose (Item 3, Figure 1). Place 2 hose clamps (Item 2, Figure 1) over the hose and install referencing figure 7.
STRAIGHT LINE INSTALLED, FIGURE 7
| TAKE YOUR TIME WHILE INSTALLING THE HOSE SO THAT WHEN DONE IT DOES NOT KINK. SLIGHT RE-POSITIONING OF THE FITTINGS MIGHT BE REQUIRED. A KINKED LINE WILL REDUCE THE AMOUNT OF OIL FLOW AND COULD CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE MOTOR.|
- Once the line is positioned slide the clamps over the barbed area of the fitting; some oil on the clamps will aid in positioning. Using clamp pliers tighten the clamps down.
- Install one of the 90 degree pre-formed hoses (Item 9, Figure 1) onto the straight fitting; side of the transmission case. Make sure to use some motor oil to lube hose & install a clamp onto the line before installing. Short end of the hose goes toward the case. Figure 8.
SHORT END FACES THE CASE, FIGURE 8
- nstall the 82 degree line (Item 10, Figure 1) and clamps (Item 2, Figure 1) to the case side hose. Long end of the stainless line goes toward the case side.
- Install the last 90 degree pre-formed hose (Item 9, Figure 1) onto the adapter block fitting with the short end facing the adapter block. Make sure to use some motor oil to lube hose & install clamps (Item 2, Figure 1) onto the line before installing. Figure 9
SHORT END FACES ADAPTER, FIGURE 9
- Your bike should look like figure 10 after hooking all the hoses and lines. Using clamp pliers, tighten all clamps.
STAINLESS LINE ROUTING, FIGURE 10
- For proper hose clearance on the adapter lines you must remove the wire loom on the frame between the motor and transmission. Figure 11.
FRAME CLAMP TO BE REMOVED, FIGURE 11
- You’re done; add oil (4 to 4 1/2 quarts) to the BAKER +1 Oil Pan. Run bike then re-check oil level. Add if needed.
MAINTAIN PROPER OIL CHANGES AND MAINTENCE SCHEDULES PER S&S© MOTOR SERVICE MANUAL. ALL OIL CHANGES ARE PERFOMED THROUGH THE NORMAL DRAIN PLUG ON THE BAKER +1 OIL PAN. NO REMOVAL OF ANY OIL LINE IS NECESSARY.